Microsoft Security Essentials 2 is out NOW

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
attachment.php

:confused:

Perhaps V2 has already been automatically installed.

Attachments

• mse2.JPG
    mse2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 484

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've got rid of me trusty AVG for this so i hope its good. Do you think its al right to run this along with Spybot search and destroy too? It says not to run an additional anti-spyware/malware program as well but i'm unsure whether to turn spybot resident shield off .

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
SSD is err, old hat these days, I haven't run it for quite some time ... upto yous

Flops, looking at that pic, it does indeed look likes you have the new version ... that trellis art-work is new in MSE2 :)

:user:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Would you just use MSE as your only anti virus/firewall program then? I dont mean your only scanner, just the only running firewall/antivirus program? Obviously i'd still run me others time to time like emisoft anti malware and spybot search and destroy but not have them running from startup.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey reef, I'm only running MSE as I was advised to at another forum in a bid to cure my occasional BSOD's but it seems as good as any to me. And anyway, you no like it, get shot of it and install something else, no probs.

I run it with MalwareBytes, generally reckoned to be the leading malware detector at this time.

I think Microsoft are being a little over zealous in their recommendations, two AV applications will almost certainly clash but an independent Malware software program won't interfere with MSE and vice versa.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
MSE and Malwarebytes AM ran now and again is fine. :)

SBS&D is as much use as Adaware these days.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
no Reef, I don't 'run' anything other than MSE ... If I suspect something, I'll take a look at a HJT log. :)

:user:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've got everything else disabled from running at startup now except MSE. I'll still run me other stuff from time to time but i have read good things about MSE, never heard of it till i read these posts either! I ran a full scan earlier and it took well over an hour, if not 2 hours, but it was a full scan and i have got around 250 gig of stuff :p.

Ask a Question