Microsoft Publisher Equivalent

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a free equivalent for Publisher, as there are for most of Microsoft programmes.

Open Office Draw is said to have a few similarities but is not sufficient for what I want. Specifically, is there a free programme that will actually read Publisher documents?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Scribus is very good, does pretty much everything you can do in Publisher although there is a slight learning curve. Link And as far as I know there is no other software available that will open a Publisher file except Microsoft's own Publisher.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Flops.

I looked at Scribus but it is very clear that it will not read Publisher files.

Think it may be impossible. :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been using Publisher for 15 years now and have never found alternative software to open a Publisher file.I do like Publisher, great piece of software, but this being Microsoft who just happen to be one of the richest corporations on the planet, they want £100 or thereabouts for it.

I'd pay £30 for it but no way £100 so I'll just keep on using my Publisher 2003 for now. Which, of course, I purchased legally. Um.

I have literally thousands of Publisher files but I'm slowly weaning over to Scribus. Although, must admit, I no longer make DVD & CD covers (which was my main use of Publisher) or store disks to watch and listen to, all music is either FLAC, mp3 or vinyl and all films are software files. All former DVD's & CD's are now either stored, given away or sold.

And yes, everything is backed up. In triplicate at two locations.

Ask a Question