Microsoft Outlook's Account Manager

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook' started by JT, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. JT

    JT Guest

    I have a cust. that recieved this email from there self,
    but they never sent it out. Can someone tell me if
    Outlook 2002, senda out a test message automatically.

    There message looks like this.

    "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft
    Outlook's
    Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3
    account."

    This is a partial paste of the email for security reasons.

    I be vrey greatful is someone can email me back and let me
    know about this issue, so i can inform the cust. if it is
    a threat or not.

    JT Owen Sr.
    IT manager, CISNet.com

    JT, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Good grief, and they have customers. PT Barnum was right.
    "Patricia Cardoza - [MVP Outlook]" <> wrote in message
    > If you choose to test your account settings when configuring a POP3

    account,

    Conrad Pfleging, Jul 10, 2003