Outlook Microsoft Outlook Issue - Meeting Requests

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure if anyone has seen this.

When sending a meeting request, on the receiving end it should promp to accept, decline, etc.

When I try to send a meeting request, the receiver does not get those options. They receive the email in the following format:

when..
where..
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

thats exactly what is included in the email.

Instead of the buttons it will show a squgly line and stars

It looks as though it's on my end because b/c all recipients receive the same thing.

The receivers are running Outlook 2003.

I was running outlook 2002. I upgraded to Outlook 2003 thinking it would solve the issue but it didn't.

I recently upgraded to SP2 with all of the updates, same result.

I tried changing the sending format to rich text and html, same result.

If I send a meeting request to myself, it is viewable perfectly with the buttons...

When I try to receive meeting requests, it doesen't display the buttons in the body of the text, it has the request attached with a .ics extension which it shouldn't.

So it looks as though i'm having issues sending and receiving meeting requests. Outgoing mail is currently set to html format.

The last little bit to this...I have Outlook 2003 but the rest of my Office suite is 2002, would this cause any problems? I only upgraded Outlook to 2003

Any ideas?

Thank You

Ask a Question