Windows XP Microsoft Office 2007 Calendar causes system not responding feedback

Reaction score
I am a new user to Microsoft Outlook 2007. It has been installed for three days during which time I have been using each of the email, calendar, contact and to do list functions without incident.

This afternoon I was in the email part of the system when I decided to look at my calendar. I pressed the Calendar tab in the bottom left corner of the screen. It highlighted IN ADDITION to the email tab, instead of replacing the emial highlighting. I got the system not responding message. The systme tried to send an erro report to Microsoft, but that also hung up after a few minutes. I used the Task manager to exit which also hung up. Eventually using task manager I could close down each program running individually each time getting system could not close down one ach program before finally exiting.

I rebooted, repeated the process with exactly the same results. The Calendar element of the program just stops Outlook working at all, each time the Calendar button is pressed.

I am a new Outlook user (previously Eudora email and Lotus Organiser 6 contact) , calendar and to do list.

I am running a Dell with a Local partitioned disk TOSHIBA MK1252GSX . I have plenty of capactity using Antivir virus protection.

I am not very computer savvy. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix the problem. Have I left out any vital information to enable someone to help me.
Everything else seems fine at present.

Reaction score
There's a common issue with the Calander causing issues whilst interacting with the todo list.... off the top of my head I can't remember how I solved it but I have the details at work.... I'll post them tomorrow when I'm at work.

Reaction score
Hi Ja Ling,
Thanks for the response. I fixed it by running all updates. No idea why that worked . Crazynutt posted the advice on this forum

Reaction score
Tired and Frustrated said:
Hi Ja Ling,
I fixed it by running all updates. No idea why that worked .

Hmmmmm, perhaps the solution was within the update..This is after all why we do updates..Updates are not mearly for Security threats..

Ask a Question