    see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
    icon.

    Thanks

    species8350, Nov 21, 2011

  2. On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

    > I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
    > appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.
    >
    > Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
    > to install the software.
    > I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
    > uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
    > see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
    > icon.
    >
    > Thanks

    Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
    Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".

    It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    Gene E. Bloch, Nov 21, 2011

  3. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Nov 21, 11:22 pm, "Gene E. Bloch" <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:
    > > I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
    > > appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.

    > > Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
    > > to install the software.
    > > I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
    > > uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
    > > see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
    > > icon.

    > > Thanks

    > Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
    > Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".
    >
    > It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    Hi,

    I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
    on or off'.

    Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
    multiple page tiffs?

    Regards.

    species8350, Nov 22, 2011
  4. On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:47:20 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

    > On Nov 21, 11:22 pm, "Gene E. Bloch" <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:58:41 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:
    >>> I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it
    >>> appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities.

    >>> Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD
    >>> to install the software.
    >>> I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be
    >>> uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not
    >>> see the utility in Word either! It does however operate from its own
    >>> icon.

    >>> Thanks

    >> Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
    >> Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".
    >>
    >> It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    > Hi,
    >
    > I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
    > on or off'.
    >
    > Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
    > multiple page tiffs?
    >
    > Regards.

    MODI (its name is Microsoft Office Document Imaging, not Microsoft
    Imaging) is part of Microsoft Office, so to uninstall it you apparently
    need to uninstall Microsoft Office.

    You could have found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_Document_Imaging
    and many other links if you had used Google.

    Since I have no idea what version you are using, I don't intend to do an
    experiment to answer the question you asked about TIFFs, but since you
    already found out that it doesn't work, I'd say I don't need to repeat
    your experiment.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    Gene E. Bloch, Nov 22, 2011
  5. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Nov 22, 4:54 am, "Gene E. Bloch" <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:47:20 -0800 (PST), species8350 wrote:

    > >> Go to the Uninstall a Program page, or the Programs page, in the Control
    > >> Panel and look for "Turn Windows features on or off".

    > >> It might have a different name in Vista, so use your imagination ;-)

    > >> --
    > >> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    > > Hi,

    > > I can't find it in Control Panel, or when using 'Turn Windows features
    > > on or off'.

    > > Am I right in thinking that Microsoft Imaging does not support
    > > multiple page tiffs?

    > > Regards.

    > MODI (its name is Microsoft Office Document Imaging, not Microsoft
    > Imaging) is part of Microsoft Office, so to uninstall it you apparently
    > need to uninstall Microsoft Office.
    >
    > You could have found this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_Document_Imaging
    > and many other links if you had used Google.
    >
    > Since I have no idea what version you are using, I don't intend to do an
    > experiment to answer the question you asked about TIFFs, but since you
    > already found out that it doesn't work, I'd say I don't need to repeat
    > your experiment.
    >
    > --
    > Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you for the information.

    Best wishes.

    species8350, Nov 22, 2011