    use the windows media player. After I restart the
    computer there are no problems for a day or so and then I
    have the same problem. Any ideas on what is happening?

    Wes, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Wes

    Dave Patrick Guest

    "Wes" wrote:
    |I receive an error when attempting to open the Microsoft
    | Registry Folder. The error says Error opening
    | key....Cannot open Microsoft: error opening key.
    * We've no idea what you mean by "Microsoft Registry Folder"

    When I
    | try to open the windows media player the welcome to
    | windows media player screen comes up and I am unable to
    | use the windows media player.
    * Ask them this one in multimedia.windows.mediaplayer

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Wes

    Wes Guest

    When I attempt to open the Microsoft folder as located
    below.

    Registry Editor-

    HKEY_CURRENT-USER
    Software
    Microsoft

    newsgroup.

    Wes, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Wes

    Dave Patrick Guest

    What happens if you logon as a new user? (create a new account in 'Users and
    Passwords').

    Dave Patrick, Sep 13, 2004