Microsoft Excel - Looking up values from a range by selection by scroll of arrow keys.

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
I am a new user of this forum. I am using excel spreadsheet (MS2007) for retrieval of information. I wish to look up value of a particular item (through VLOOKUP) by selection through arrow key scroll (i.e. like the one in the websites) without pressing enter. i.e. by simply scrolling down the arrow key, the value of the scroll should pass to the vlookup function and the result to be populated at the destination cell. I don't know how to make it happen. PLEASE HELP ME.

With regards,
anandisha

Reaction score
Hi Anandisha, syntax of VLOOKUP goes like this
=VLOOKUP(Lookup Value, Lookup Range, Col Index Number, False/True)
Lookup Value - this is the value that you have and against which you would like to pull the required value from a different rante
Lookup Range: this is the master reference table where you have your Lookup value as the first column and the required value that you want to return in any other column
Col Index Number is the place number for the column in your lookup range.
False/True : mostly chosen as false or 0 when you want to pick exact values

Please share more details if that doesn't help or find sample screenshot here for example.

108icgo.jpg

Ask a Question