    Does Microsoft provide its own Client for Netware? If so where can I find
    this?

    Thanks

    Guest, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Hi Chris. Unfortunately, IPX/SPX (Internetwork Packet Exchange/Sequenced
    Packet Exchange) is not supported in Windows Vista.

    --
    Gloria Boyer
    Windows User Assistance

    Gloria Boyer [MSFT], Jul 6, 2007

    :blush:( Thats not the answer I was hoping to hear.

    Oh well. Thank you Gloria :) It looks like I may be forced to downgrade
    to XP Pro then.

    Guest, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Hey Chris, I'm looking into this further. I may have given you inaccurate
    info. Stand by while I investigate some more. (Crossing my fingers that
    there's a way to do this!)

    Cheers,

    Gloria Boyer [MSFT], Jul 7, 2007

    Kerry Brown Guest

    Novell is working on a Vista client for Netware. You can currently download
    a public beta version.

    http://www.novell.com/beta/auth/beta.jsp?id=2306&type=1

    --
    Kerry Brown
    Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, Jul 7, 2007

    Kerry Brown Guest

    OK - I totally missed that the OP already knew about the beta.

    --
    Kerry Brown
    Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, Jul 7, 2007

    Gloria/Kerry

    Thank you ever so much for your help on this matter. I look forward to
    hearing of any solutions. Additionally, I am also looking for an answer on
    the net...............I may be some time!

    :)

    Guest, Jul 9, 2007
  8. Hi again Chris. I verified with the networking team. They told me that we no
    longer support IPX/SPX. It was removed from Windows Vista.

    So, your best bet (or only bet) is to use the Novell client for Vista.
    According to Novell's site, it should be out of beta soon.

    Best of luck!
    Gloria

    --
    Gloria Boyer
    Windows User Assistance team

    Gloria Boyer [MSFT], Jul 9, 2007

    Thank you Gloria :blush:)

    Guest, Jul 9, 2007

    I'm too looking for a soulition to connect via IPX/SPX using Vista. In my
    case I have some older Netware 4.10 servers that I really don't want to add
    TCP/IP support to. After reading your thread, I noticed that you are looking
    forward to Novell's Vista client. As I read on the Novell beta site they
    won't support IPX/SPX either. Here is a quote from the Novell Beta site:
    "Novell has also taken the opportunity to remove certain features from the
    client such as IPX support and..."
    Found here: http://www.novell.com/beta/auth/beta.jsp?id=2306&type=1

    I have still been looking for another soulition and so far have only found
    this (unsupported by Microsoft):
    http://www.starbase01.com/site/index.php?id=22,87,0,0,1,0

    If anyone is still interested in my results using the above let me know.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007