Microsoft announces Surface Studio

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Microsoft has announced a new product in the Surface line up - the Surface Studio, which features a 28" touchscreen. The PC is not portable and is not designed for mainstream users; it is aimed at mainly at people working in creative industries, but can also be used as a regular desktop PC.

Check out this short video to see what it can do:

Pre-orders of the Surface Studio will be released on 15th December 2016, and prices start at a whopping $2,999. The UK prices and release date have not yet been confirmed, but it is unlikely it will be this year. Read more about it here.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Very nice. As somebody that uses an iMac, Apple have failed massively by not having touch screen. I can see a lot of designers switching from Apple to Microsoft with this :bow:

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
I do like the design and clearly it is intended to compete with the high-end iMac. It would be nice if they had come out with a consumer version, perhaps with 4k or something, less expensive. I am not all that impressed with the currently available and moderately priced AIO Windows desktops.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I like the functionality, and I can see how they would be useful to someone working in a creative industry. Not much use to me though. It'll be nice when this kind of thing is more affordable!

Ask a Question