Micro ATX

Reaction score
Hi all...been a while :)

I am looking for suggestions for down-sizing my PC.

I have a Silverstone Temjin TJ09 case
Galaxy 1000W PSU
A couple of 8800GTX vids
Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo
i7 chip cooled byu a Titan Fenrir HSF
Several raptor HDD's
Fatality breakout box, optical drive etc in the 51/4 front bays

I am considering a microATX case and mobo, but I'd like to keep one or both of the vids (so I would like Sli mobo), and I'd like to get my PSU into the case as well.

I'm going to drop to a max of 2 HDD's (will go SSD when prices fall more)
A single optical drive (but 2 bays would be good).

Anyone know of the perfect micro ATX case that's still big enough for this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey there 1nt
happywave.gif
! Great to see you again :D

What style Micro ATX case are you after? There are some nice cubes available but they all seem to come with tiny custom PSU's that can't power dual graphics cards (i.e. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140118).

This mini-ATX case looks pretty nice and the reviews are good:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140996

There's also this one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/170132

Reaction score
Hi Ian, doing fine thx...nice to see many of the old avatars still around:wave:

On the new rig...

I like the look of the Lian LiV352B (I always used to buy Lian Li)
and the Asus Maximus III GENE mobo.
I can't find specs on what vid cards the case will support though.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Had a look HERE Sp standard size cards will fit, although in this case only one.

Attachments

• vid.PNG
    vid.PNG
    28.8 KB · Views: 218

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Lian Li V352B looks fantastic and it looks like it can fit a standard PSU in it (I didn't know that was possible in these little cubes!) - but as Evan says it can hold 280mm cards.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Although I wonder is your issue not so much with the height of the card, but more the length of it ? As your card is a pretty long card. Around 27cm if I am not mistaken. Which would render this box very very tight if not to small..

Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
Although I wonder is your issue not so much with the height of the card, but more the length of it ? As your card is a pretty long card. Around 27cm if I am not mistaken. Which would render this box very very tight if not to small..

One of my 8800GTX cards has seemingly crashed, but the other still lets me play CoD MW2 at max settings and very high res, so I'm likely to use that for now...c.28cm (11"). I'll replace with a single card when I think it might be worth it (i.e. if and when a new game needs it).

Generally though, I will have to get the case that takes this card...

Just checked a website that gives the 8800 length as 10.5"...so it should be ok in the LianLi case:thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi V_R...nice to hear from you:wave:
That cooler looks pretty good - I just wonder about what sort of room the radiator would take up, plus 1 or possibly 2 fans...?

I do like the idea of a closed H2O unit tho.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've seem people mount the Rad on the outside, but that is for you to decide if you wish to go down that road, Looking at the LL case it would be a proper tight fit inside!

Most seem to agree that two fans (push Pull) is the way forward. Your i7 at stock?

Reaction score
V_R said:
I've seem people mount the Rad on the outside, but that is for you to decide if you wish to go down that road, Looking at the LL case it would be a proper tight fit inside!

Most seem to agree that two fans (push Pull) is the way forward. Your i7 at stock?

Yup - I only run my CPU at stock unless I have any real performance issues...and my system runs very quick and cool most of the time.

I've just been studying the images on Lian Li's site (Thanks to Evan for the link :thumb:)
...wondering if I could get the rad on one of the front fans and have it set as an exhaust, with the other set as an intake, blowing across the board, with the rear fan as an exhaust as well. Or maybe the rad would fit to the back fan. ..mmmm...oh no, I just realised the back fan is only 80mm. But there does seem to be about 4cm space between the edge of the mobo and the face of the front fans.:confused:

Last edited:

Ask a Question