    ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
    Offset: 0001b1fa

    Jake, Dec 30, 2008

  2. Greetings Jake,

    Do you happen to be using Windowblinds or a custom Windows theme? If so, switch back to the
    default Windows one and see if that helps..

    --
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Dec 30, 2008

  3. Jake

    HMB Guest

    Hi Jonathan,
    After installing the new windows live messenger I am getting the following
    error while trying to logon

    Faulting application wlcomm.exe, version 14.0.8050.1202, time stamp
    0x49361481, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
    exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0xbb8,
    application start time 0x01c97363b5fcca1f.

    The error is recorded in the event log and messenger does not display any
    errors, it simply returns to the logon screen.

    I already sent the problem report, the OS is Windows 2008/32

    Regards,
    HMB

    HMB, Jan 10, 2009
  4. Jake

    Ippokratis Guest

    Hi,

    I am getting exactly the same problem with 14.0.8064.206

    AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8064.206 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00032297

    Exception Information:
    Code: 0xc0000005

    Ippokratis, Mar 7, 2009
  5. Jake

    Aaron Guest

    Hi Jake,

    I'm having the same problem on my PC. I switched the Windows theme back to
    the default, but it made no difference. I am using the ZoneAlarm Security
    Suite...

    Aaron

    Aaron, Mar 15, 2009