    I know this seems a silly question, but I fear I'm missing something.
    Will these catch everything?

    thx . . .

    Frank, Oct 18, 2004

  2. If you create rules with no conditions at all, they'll apply to all
    messages.

    What's your mail server? If it's Exchange, it has message journaling built
    in.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Oct 19, 2004

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks Sue. I've run this by the Exchange Administrator, and he
    didn't mention journaling. I'll try him again.

    So, if I create rules with no conditions, will it apply to all
    messages both sent and received? I'll have to find time to do some
    testing today. Thx.

    Frank, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Rules for received and sent messages are always separate, regardless of the
    conditions or actions. You can't make one rule do both.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Oct 20, 2004
  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Sue, thanks for the response, but it appears that message journaling
    is an all-or-nothing proposition. We don't want to archive all 1200
    users. We just have about a dozen that *have* to be.

    thx . . . frank

    Frank, Oct 20, 2004