Message in Start up

Reaction score
Hi, My brother is getting an annoying message when he stars his Toshiba laptop, with Windows 7. He's tried system restore which didn;t help. The message is
C:\Users\Toshiba\AppData\Local\RestBrowser\
I suggested as it states browser un and reinstall Chrome and Firefox which are the browsers he uses but the message is still there. Does any one know what it is and how to get rid of it. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks Muckshifter. He's already tried that. File and registry cleaner.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which OS is this - Windows 10?

It may be worth using msconfig.exe > Startup tab (if on Windows 7) or Task Manager > Startup tab (if Windows 8/10) and then see what loads whenever the PC turns on. If you're not sure on what to un-check from those lists, just post a screenshot here of the full list and we can help :).

Reaction score
Windows 7 ian. He's allready looked in Task Manager and theres no reference there. I Emailed him earlier this morning and asked him to send me a screenshot of his startups in msconfig. I'll post the shot when i get it

Ask a Question