    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 5/18/2009
    Time: 4:02:43 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP
    The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error:

    This has been ongoing for over a year. I research it when I have time.
    This problem slows the shut down process so that it takes more than two
    minutes.

    I have looked at real.com and several other areas, including MS KB. No help.

    Does anyone have an answer for this?

    CatChase, May 18, 2009

  2. CatChase

    Andrew E. Guest

    Not sure what service that is,but to eliminate youre shutdown or pc restart
    lag,go to run,type:regedit In regedit,expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\
    open desktop,L.click on AutoEndTasks Go to edit,modify,set to 1 from 0,close
    out regedit.You'll end the lag w/o problems.....

    Andrew E., May 20, 2009