    WIRELESS DEVICE TYPE - Belkin Wirless Router 802.11g
    SYSTEM TYPE - NEC L1040 Desktop

    Any help would be great.

    Ben Ramsay, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Ben Ramsay

    Malke Guest

    Ben Ramsay wrote:
    > I cant seem to access the belkin manual setup website, I have tried and
    > tried to get it and i am about to thow my router on the road and go back
    > to a Lan network, at least I could get that to work. Anyway my system
    > specs are as follows :
    >
    > Windows Vista Home Basic OEM (NEC)
    > CURRENT NETWORK - LAN
    > WIRELESS DEVICE TYPE - Belkin Wirless Router 802.11g
    > SYSTEM TYPE - NEC L1040 Desktop
    >
    > Any help would be great.

    You haven't told us what you tried and what happens when you do. Error
    messages (exact text)?

    Generally, have the computer attached to the Belkin with an ethernet
    cable. Open a browser. If you have difficulties with IE, install Firefox
    and use it instead. In the browser's addressbar, type:

    http://192.168.2.1 [enter]

    If the above doesn't work, try only typing the IP address without the
    http://.

    This should bring you to the router's login screen. Enter the default
    user/password (refer to the manual) and go into the configuration utility.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Ben Ramsay

    Ben Ramsay Guest

    I can't seem to access this page, I have tried it wi and without the router
    with no luck. It keeps showing a 'this page can not be displayed. I have
    even tried to access it via my laptop with the same result.

    Ben Ramsay, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Ben Ramsay

    Malke Guest

    Ben Ramsay wrote:
    > I can't seem to access this page, I have tried it wi and without the
    > router with no luck. It keeps showing a 'this page can not be displayed.
    > I have even tried to access it via my laptop with the same result.

    I don't know what "tried it with and without the router" means. How can
    you configure a router without the router? Possibly the best solution is
    for you to call Belkin tech support or have a knowledgeable friend
    (someone who is really knowledgeable and not just saying s/he is) come
    over to help you. Or have a local computer professional come over - not
    someone from BigComputerStore/GeekSquad. I just can't make out what you
    are or aren't doing from what you're writing.

    Sorry that I was unable to help you.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 22, 2007
  5. Ben Ramsay