Manage Add-ons - Add-ons that run without requiring permission

Inra

The following add-ons are listed under "Add-ons that run WITHOUT REQUIRING
PERMISSION" by Microsoft Corporation all "Enabled" for "Active X Control".

4 for Free Threaded XML Do - MSXML3.dll including 1 that is (not verified)
HtmlDlgSafeHelper Class - mshtmled.dll
InformationCardSigninH - icardie.dll
Microsoft Shell UI Helper - ieframe.dll
Scripting.Dictionary - scrrun.dll
Tabular Data Control - tdc.ocx
3 for Windows Live Messenger - MSGSC8~DLL
Windows Live Messenger - msnmsgr.exe
Windows Live Sign-inC - WindowsLiveLogin.dll
XML Data Source Object - msxmls.dll
XML Data Source Object 3.0 - msxml3.dll
XML Data Source Object 4.0 (not verified) - msxml4.dll
XML DOM Document - msxml3.dll
XML DOM Document 4.0 (not verified) - msxml3.dll
XML DOM Document 4.0 (not verified) - msxml4.dll
XML HTTP 3.0 - msxml3.dll
XML HTTP 4.0 (not verified) - msxml4.dll
XML Schema Cache - msxml3.dll
XML Schema Cache 3.0 - msxml3.dll
XML Schema Cache 4.0 (not verified) - msxml4.dll
XSL Template - msxml3.dll
XSL Template 3.0 - msxml3.dll
XSL Template 4.0 (not verified) - msxml4.dll

My question is, Do all of these have to be enabled?

Allan

Inra said:
[...]

No, you may selectively disable the ones that you don't need. For example,
if you are not using a Smart Card you may safely disable information card
signin helper. These are all used to enable special features of IE.

Inra

The problem is, I do not know what is needed and what is not. I have XP
Home. There are 4 for the 1st one and one is not verified. I have Windows
Live Messenger installed but there are 3 with the same DLL and 1 is .exe.

Allan

Inra said:
The problem is, I do not know what is needed and what is not. I have XP
Home. There are 4 for the 1st one and one is not verified. I have
Windows
Live Messenger installed but there are 3 with the same DLL and 1 is .exe.
If you do not know what they are for then you should leave them enabled. XSL
files are part of MS Word. If you are using WL Messenger then leave all the
ones pertaining to it enabled. If you don't have a Smart Card then you don't
need Info Card signin helper. You can even disable two services "Windows
Card Space" and "Smart Card" as I have on my own machine.

Inra

Thanks Allan. I have Java installed but there are 4 for Java Plug-in
1.6.0_05 - ssv.dll. I do not use QuickTime but there is 1 for QuickTime
Object (not verified) Apple Corp. - QTPlugin.ocx.

Allan

Inra said:
Thanks Allan. I have Java installed but there are 4 for Java Plug-in
1.6.0_05 - ssv.dll. I do not use QuickTime but there is 1 for QuickTime
Object (not verified) Apple Corp. - QTPlugin.ocx.
Leave all entries called "ssv.dll" alone but disable QTPlugin as long as
QuickTime is not installed. You must have installed QuickTime previously.

Allan

Inra said:
Thanks again Allan. QuickTime came with the computer but I never use it.
If you are not going to install security updates for QuickTime it is better
to uninstall it completely. As for RealPlayer be sure to uninstall "Rhapsody
Player Engine" which is deceptively installed sometimes.

Inra

To my surprise I saw my posts on two websites - TechArena Community and
Google groups. How did they get there?

Inra

To my suprise, I saw my posts on two websites - TechArena Community and
Google Groups. How did they get there?

Joined
Jul 24, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
news:[email protected]...

--
Allan
I need some help with making the right ad ons

Last edited: