Making a non updatable query into an updatable query

G

Good morning,

I've had seperate information that used to be contained in one table into three table. However this information used to be displayed in on one form but now after creating a query to populate the form I get a message stating that it is non longer updatable. How can I make it updatable again?

Basically, I have four tables:
1- Dwg History Tbl with three main columns
ID ... Autonumber
Dwg Number ... Text
Dwg Issue ... Text
2-Status Tbl with many many columns
ID ... Autonumber
Dwg ID ... Number (linked to the Dwg History Tbl ID)
Start Date
End Date
.... (about twenty columns)
There is a 1 to many relationship with the Dwg History Tbl ... can be multiple entry for the same Dwg ID
3-Commit Date
ID ... Autonumber
DWG ID ... Number (linked to the Dwg History Tbl ID)
Commit Date ... Date
There is a 1 to many relationship with the Dwg History Tbl ... can be multiple entry for the same Dwg ID
4-Need Date
ID ... Autonumber
DWG ID ... Number (linked to the Dwg History Tbl ID)
Need Date ... Date

What I'm trying to achieve:
my form is linked to a specified Dwg Number and Dwg issue. Thus, for a specified ID (Dwg History Table) I want the query to return all the entries from the Status tbl + the latest date from the commit tbl and the latest date from the need table but I need the user to be able to update this information.

Can this be done and how?

Thank you yet again for the help,

Daniel

J

John Vinson

I've had seperate information that used to be contained in one table into three table. However this information used to be displayed in on one form but now after creating a query to populate the form I get a message stating that it is non longer updatable. How can I make it updatable again?

Rather than trying to create One Grand Master Query, consider using a
Form for your main table with three Subforms for the related data.
This will allow you to update each table independently, and the
Subforms' Master/Child Link Fields will maintain the relationship.

Ask a Question