    73% (can do) but I haven't discovered how to add to the label the number of
    times that the criteria was meet ...83 times.

    Thanks for your help. I'm just a novice with excel.

    Rene, May 24, 2010

  2. I have this data
    store sales
    North 25 widgets
    East 82 widgets
    West 34 widgets
    South 45 widgets

    In the second column I entered only numbers (or I could have had formulas
    that generated numbers)
    However, I gave these cells the custom format of: # "widgets"
    Then I made a pie chart. I right clicked the chart and opened "Format data
    labels" and specified show Percentages and Values. Now I see, fro example:
    25 widgets, 14%
    get my email from my website, send private message and I will forward a
    sample file
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard Liengme
    Microsoft Excel MVP

    REMEMBER: Microsoft is closing the newsgroups; We will all meet again at
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=4

    Bernard Liengme, May 25, 2010