    I looked in Options and can't find anything.

    Thanks,
    Ed.

    Ed., Mar 24, 2010

  2. Ed.

    mac Guest

    "Ed." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you
    > can make it darker ?
    >
    > In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
    > Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
    > mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
    >
    > I looked in Options and can't find anything.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ed.

    From your mail headers you are not using Windows Mail, you are using Windows
    Live Mail.

    This is a known problem in WLM, where the text looks washed out, it might be
    changed in a later version?

    A workaround is to create a message rule for all messages and set it to
    change the colour to Black.

    Tools>Message Rules.
    (Alt-T-R-M, or N)

    If you need any further help with WLM, use the following forum/newsgroup

    microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

    Or in your WLM programs news reader:

    --
    Regards Steve.
    MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

    mac, Mar 24, 2010

  3. Ed.

    Ed. Guest

    " mac" <> wrote in message

    > "Ed." <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if
    >> you can make it darker ?
    >>
    >> In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
    >> Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
    >> mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
    >>
    >> I looked in Options and can't find anything.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ed.

    > From your mail headers you are not using Windows Mail, you are using
    > Windows Live Mail.
    >
    > This is a known problem in WLM, where the text looks washed out, it might
    > be changed in a later version?
    >
    > A workaround is to create a message rule for all messages and set it to
    > change the colour to Black.
    >
    > Tools>Message Rules.
    > (Alt-T-R-M, or N)
    >
    > If you need any further help with WLM, use the following forum/newsgroup
    >
    > microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    > http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    >
    > Or in your WLM programs news reader:
    >
    > microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
    >

    > --
    > Regards Steve.
    > MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
    > http://www.getsafeonline.org/
    > http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx

    Thank you for the reply and I will try what you suggested later. I was
    talking about Vista Windows Mail. When I wrote the post I was on my Windows
    7 machine thus why my Header showed you Windows Live Mail.

    In fact this was for a friend of mine that asked me about it and I couldn't
    help her. I told her I would post it in the newsgroup as you get good help
    from here. You are an example of the good help and it is appreciated and I
    will let her know what you said to try and see if it also works for Vista.
    When I get a chance I will boot my Vista machine and try it there.

    Thanks Again,
    Ed.

    Ed., Mar 24, 2010
  4. Are you talking about the text font used in a received email? If it is
    plain text (not HTML), you can change the default font used to display
    messages: Tools, Options, Read, Fonts. Try several, since some are
    darker than others.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen [MVP], Mar 24, 2010
  5. Ed.

    Ed. Guest

    No, I am talking about when you open your inbox on the left, your list of
    incoming emails is shown on the right. When you hold your mouse one, it gets
    highlighted. You haven't opened the mail yet. They want that highlight to be
    darker or brighter so they can read the Sender, Subject, etc. easier. When
    they have a bunch of mail it is easier to go thru to see which they feel
    they want to open now before others.

    Same thing with Sent Mail and Old Mail. They want the highlight to be darker
    or brighter. I never heard of you being able to do that some how and is why
    we asked.

    Thanks,
    Ed.

    Ed., Mar 24, 2010
  6. Ed.

    slk759 Guest

    You might try the same fix as some WLMail users have resorted to . . . . .
    In the actual Windows Desktop Personalization (right click on the Desktop -
    Personalize) - Window Color /Custom - Advanced Appearance Settings - this
    displays an old familiar XP-type (and earlier) customization window -
    "Item" drop down list - select "Disabled Item" and change the font to
    another color.

    slk759, Mar 24, 2010