    a merge file, automatically, placing the data into form letter?

    --
    LJW

    Babylynn, Mar 22, 2009

  2. Babylynn

    Joel Guest

    I don't know how good your programming skills are. A merge leter is really a
    computer program. Using mail merge in Word you should be able to get the
    results you are looking form. but it takes a lot of talent. I did a
    complicated mail merge for my sister last year. It was my 1st mail merge and
    it took me a couple of days to get everything exactly right. then she
    thought it was too complicatted and didn't use it.

    Joel, Mar 22, 2009

  3. Hi,

    If you are merging it into Word, I can't be much help for the Word side of
    things, but here are some suggestions for the Excel side. If you got the
    pivot table to give you acceptable results at the SSN level, you can not put
    the Acct # field in the Row area to the right of the SSN field, this will
    give you data by SSN by Acct. Maybe that will be enough.

    If not, right click on the SSN field and choose Field Settings, Layout, and
    check Insert page break after each item. If that works great.

    If not move the SSN field to the Page Field area and then choose Pivot
    Table, Show Pages, select the SSN field and click OK. You will not have a
    page for each SSN.

    For more info on the Word side of mail merge:

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...587-fcea-4fa2-89e0-fe0ec104bda2&lang=en&cr=US

    Cheers,
    Shane Devenshire

    Shane Devenshire, Mar 22, 2009
  4. Babylynn

    macropod Guest

    Hi Babylynn,

    You can do this in Word using a Catalogue or Directory mailmerge (terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my
    Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
    http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107&st=0&p=731107&#entry731107
    or
    http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue Mailmerge.zip
    Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

    --
    Cheers
    macropod

    macropod, Mar 22, 2009