    I´ve done this before using Office 2003 and had no problems. Why does this
    happens in 2007?

    thanks

    Francisco, Apr 15, 2009

  2. Francisco

    Gordon Guest

    "Francisco" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I´ve beenm trying to send out a mail merge thru Outlook 2007 but I´m
    > having
    > trouble in the Outlook portion of the process.
    >
    > I create the mail and select all recipients from a Excel ( xlsx ) file
    > that
    > contais over 7k names and emails. The creation process goes smoothly.
    >
    > When I give the Finish & Merge --> Send Email Messages it prompts for my
    > Outlook Contacts. As the names in the excel file was not loaded in
    > Outlook.
    > Is there a way that I can surpass this contact verification?
    >
    > I´ve done this before using Office 2003 and had no problems. Why does this
    > happens in 2007?
    >
    > thanks

    I think 2007 works differently from prior versions. Try doing it from Word.
    Click on the Mailings tab, and in the Choose Recipients button, it allows
    you to choose a data source other than Outlook.

    HTH

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level

    Gordon, Apr 15, 2009

  3. Francisco

    Francisco Guest

    Hi Gordon,

    I´ve done that already. Even though I select my Excel file as data source
    and all recipients are ok - when a give the last command to send out the
    mailing it prompts me an Outlook Window stating that the contact I´m looking
    is not in my contact list in Outlook - it gives me the option to cancel or
    insert contact - the main issue is that if I cancel - it skips the contact
    and if I enter to add - It opens the New Contact window and a have to add it
    manually - ok for 3 or 4 contacts... but my excel file has over 7000 names
    and emails.

    Is this standard in Office 2007? Was it something I did wrong in setup? All
    I´m looking for is a way to bypass this cross checking between the excel file
    and my contact list from Outlook.

    thanks

    Francisco, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Francisco

    Gordon Guest

    "Francisco" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Gordon,
    >
    > I´ve done that already. Even though I select my Excel file as data source
    > and all recipients are ok - when a give the last command to send out the
    > mailing it prompts me an Outlook Window stating that the contact I´m
    > looking
    > is not in my contact list in Outlook - it gives me the option to cancel or
    > insert contact - the main issue is that if I cancel - it skips the contact
    > and if I enter to add - It opens the New Contact window and a have to add
    > it
    > manually - ok for 3 or 4 contacts... but my excel file has over 7000 names
    > and emails.
    >
    > Is this standard in Office 2007? Was it something I did wrong in setup?
    > All
    > I´m looking for is a way to bypass this cross checking between the excel
    > file
    > and my contact list from Outlook.

    Strange - I've just done a test mail merge in Word 2007 using email
    addresses in an Excel workbook as the data source - all I got was the
    standard warning "An application is trying to send email through Outlook
    yada, yada, yada". No mention anywhere of trying to insert contacts from
    outlook.
    Did you try doing it with the Mail merge wizard? That's what I did...

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level

    Gordon, Apr 15, 2009