    How can i do a mail merge into the template?

    Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.

    , May 31, 2010

  2. This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
    Word you are using, which you have not stated.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, May 31, 2010

  3. Graham Mayor Guest

    Cancel the dialog requesting the label and continue.
    See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm or
    http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Jun 1, 2010

    On May 31, 6:49 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <> wrote:
    > This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
    > Word you are using, which you have not stated.

    2007

    , Jun 1, 2010
  5. 1. Open a document based on your template.

    2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Labels.

    3. Dismiss the Labels dialog.

    4. Go on to Select Recipients and the rest.

    Or:

    1. Create a document based on your template and save it.

    2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.

    3. Select Labels as the type and click Next.

    4. In Step 2, select "Start from existing document" and select the document
    you saved.

    If you have already created a data source, I recommend Method 1 as much
    easier.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)