    automatically create a slide for each record in an Excel spreadsheet?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    StatMan, Nov 28, 2007

  2. StatMan

    John Wilson Guest

    I've never tried this but I'd be VERY surprized if it wasn't good.

    http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html
    --
    Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

    http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
    http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
    email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

    John Wilson, Nov 28, 2007

  3. StatMan

    StatMan Guest

    John Wilson wrote:

    > I've never tried this but I'd be VERY surprized if it wasn't good.
    >
    > http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html

    I looked at this, but I think it only allows you to merge text. What
    I'm looking for is the ability to merge data into a chart.

    StatMan, Nov 28, 2007
  4. In article <>, John Wilson
    wrote:
    > I've never tried this but I'd be VERY surprized if it wasn't good.
    >
    > http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html

    Man's got religion, I see. <g>

    Unfortunately, Merge won't merge data into charts. Yet.

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Nov 28, 2007
  5. StatMan

    StatMan Guest

    Steve Rindsberg wrote:
    > In article <>, John Wilson
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've never tried this but I'd be VERY surprized if it wasn't good.
    >>
    >>http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html

    > Man's got religion, I see. <g>
    >
    > Unfortunately, Merge won't merge data into charts. Yet.

    > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    > PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    > PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Any idea if there's a way to do this or not?

    StatMan, Nov 28, 2007
  6. Brian, Oh, you are another Brian!
    Sure this is possible. I do this sort of thing all the time. Just
    don't think of MailMerge as the concept.

    How comfortable are you with VBA coding?

    Before I'd offer any advice, I would first ask you how the data is
    arranged. Excel right? Want to post a few (two or three) rows of XL
    data for each dealer/record (change the data as you see fit for
    confidentiality. I just need to see a spreadsheet layout, assuming you
    are using spreadsheets to maintain the data.

    Brian Reilly, MVP

    Brian Reilly, MVP, Nov 28, 2007
  7. In article <>, StatMan wrote:
    > Steve Rindsberg wrote:
    > > In article <>, John Wilson
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>I've never tried this but I'd be VERY surprized if it wasn't good.
    > >>
    > >>http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html

    > > Man's got religion, I see. <g>
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, Merge won't merge data into charts. Yet.

    > > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    > > PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    > > PPTools: www.pptools.com
    > >

    > Any idea if there's a way to do this or not?

    Not with anything I've done, no.
    Let's see what Brian's got in mind.

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Nov 29, 2007
  8. StatMan

    Sethu V Guest

    Hi,
    I had a similar problem and discovered a dead simple solution. Here are the steps.

    1. In the ppt choose "Edit > Select All" (You can skip header/footer if not required) and Copy (Ctrl C)

    2. Open a new word file and go to "File > Page setup" and choose "Landscape" layout mode (it is best for ppt slides)

    3. Go to the Drawing tool bar and (if it is not visible, go to "Toolbar - Drawing". In the Drawing tool bar, click any shape (say circle). On clicking, an outline rectangular box will open up in the word document page. (Dont worry about the circle created, you can delete it later, it is just to invoke the "rectangular drawing area box"

    4. Rt click your mouse in the drawing area (now shown as outlined rectangle), and just paste the ppt certificate content that you had copied in Step 1 above

    5. The ppt slide content is now visible inside the drawing box. You can edit the content just by simple mouse click. At this point you have fully "editable" ppt content within a word document in landscape mode

    From hereon, you can follow the standard Word Mail merge procedure (Tools > Letters and Mailings > Mail Merge > Letters (or email) and create do a regular mail merge using data sources (xl data, CSV, txt file etc).

    After setting up the mail merge, simply send it as e-mail (or) "print to pdf" (or) Print to file.

    Using the above method, I printed out 450 certificates which contained 4 fields that were merged from an xl sheet (Student Name, Project Name, Scores, Certificate #)

    Try it out and I am sure it will solve your problem!!

    No need for any add-ons or extra s/w, just MS office functionality is good enough to get this done!!

    Cheers!!

    Sethu V
    eXample Consulting Group
    http://www.eXampleCG.com
    (Enabling Excellence!!)

    Sethu V, Nov 3, 2010
  9. StatMan

    LVTravel Guest

    Geez what a moron!~ Posting to dead egghead posts from 1 and 3 years ago.
    Don't these morons ever look before they type? Just the kind of person that
    is representing "Enabling Excellence!!,", yea, right!

    LVTravel, Nov 3, 2010