Outlook Macro for writing text in Outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hi All

Please can I ask someone familiar with writing Macros for a little help please? I would like to be able to use a keyboard shortcut (say Ctrl+L) to write the word 'Leasehold' in the body of an email.

I do not have the faintest idea of how to write a Macro, I can do one in Word, but that is designed to be very easy anyway.

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Without needing a macro, you could use AutoCorrect to do this for you. In Outlook, open a new email and go to the Office Button, and then Editor Options (I think. I have 2010, so I'm bringing this part up from memory) You may have to go to Options and then click on Editor Options. In the Editor Options window go to Proofing and click on AutoCorrect Options. You can add an entry along the lines of Replace l* with Leasehold and it should correct that for you. Let me know if that works for you!

Reaction score
Thank you, that method worked perfectly, its a good and easy way to solve what I thought a difficult problem. Thank you again.:bow:

Ask a Question