    You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

    tia,
    poly-p man

    Poly-poly man, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Poly-poly man

    Paul Guest

    In article <U4vvg.5896$Ss2.2341@trnddc01>, Poly-poly man
    <> wrote:

    > I have a chip labeled "MC68HC16Z1FC20". What can you tell me about this
    > chip? I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.
    > You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!
    >
    > tia,
    > poly-p man

    Go here:

    http://www.freescale.com

    and enter 68HC16 in the part number search box.

    I didn't find an exact match, but that chip is a member of
    the same family of microcontrollers.

    Freescale is the processor division of Motorola (MC).
    Onsemi got quite a few of the discrete components from the old
    Motorola. Sometimes this makes it hard to track down
    info on old parts.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Poly-poly man

    Rod Speed Guest

    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=68HC16Z1&srch=1

    > I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.

    You have to use the root part of the number, MC68HC16Z1 in this case.

    > You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

    Not usual at all, its a commonly used 8 bit micro.

    Rod Speed, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Rod Speed wrote:
    > Poly-poly man <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a chip labeled "MC68HC16Z1FC20". What can you tell me about this chip?

    > http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=68HC16Z1&srch=1
    >
    >> I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.

    > You have to use the root part of the number, MC68HC16Z1 in this case.
    >
    >> You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

    > Not usual at all, its a commonly used 8 bit micro.

    Thanks. I might (if I'm REALLLY bored one day) build a little sbc and
    play with it.

    poly-p man

    Poly-poly man, Jul 19, 2006