lost the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory' started by yssa, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. yssa

    yssa Guest

    I had to re-build my AD server and re-install my OS. Is
    there a was to re-establish the trust for my web server
    in the same domain to Active Directory without removing
    it from the domain and then re-adding it? I'm currently
    getting the following error message in my AD's System log:

    Source: NETLOGON
    Event ID: 5513

    The computer "MY_WEB_SERVER" tried to connect to the
    server "\\MY_ADDC" using the trust relationship
    established by the "MYDOMAIN" domain. However the
    computer lost the correct security identifier (SID)when
    the domain was reconfigured. Reestablish the trust
    relationship.

    I've searched the knowledge bade on the event ID as well
    as the error message and came up with nothing. All trust
    relationship docs I could find were in re: domain trusts
    or user trusts.

    Thanx

    yssa, Jul 11, 2003

  2. You must rejoin.