Lost playlists

Reaction score
Loaded some new songs on my ipod touch and lost all my playlists. Tried to do a restore but wasn't able to wipe all my songs off so I could do a sync. In iTunes my ipod shows but there is only two choices, music and audiobooks when I click on it. When I R click on it I get, eject, sync, transfer purchases, and reset warnings. I have tried holding down the sleep\wake and - buttons for 8-10 seconds till the Apple logo appears. but that does nothing. I'm about at my wits end with this problem. Thanks Keith

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just thinking, how much of your memory have you got left,I know nothing about I Pods but just a thought.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks, but my real problem is my ipod losing its playlists and I haven't been able to get them back. I have tried to delete all songs on my ipod and resync my ipod to iTunes on my desktop, no luck.

So they weren't backed up anywhere? Hate to say it, but I think you may have lost them :(

It's so important to have back ups of everything - sadly most people only realise this once they have lost something important. You could always try going to a data recovery company but it would be very expensive and if you have overwritten the data it's unlikely they would find anything anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Reaction score
All my playlists are backed up on my desktop, but can't load them on my iPod.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hmmm well that is strange. Have you tried speaking to someone in an Apple shop about it?

Reaction score
Hmmm well that is strange. Have you tried speaking to someone in an Apple shop about it?
I haven't gotten to that point just yet. All these playlists are in my iTunes, so still trying to transfer them to my ipod. Thanks

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Try restoring the iPod to factory settings then connect to iTunes and see if you can load a back up

Reaction score
Well, out of frustration, I reinstalled iTunes and all my music on my computer and then was able to sync my ipod hoping that my playlists would sync as well, and they did. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Keith
PS: How do I mark this solved?

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Glad it's sorted. :)

PS: How do I mark this solved?

You could simply type, as a reply, in bold, italics and underlined, with a colour and type size of your choosing, the word "Solved". :D:thumb:

That would suffice. :D:D

Ask a Question