    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I install a new password or
    otherwise get the system operating?

    Tom D.

    Tom D., Nov 16, 2004

  2. Tom D.

    Guest Guest

    Hi!

    It is BIOS password. You have to reset BIOS to defaults. Normally that can
    be done from a jumper on the motherboard. Unconnecting and connecting the
    BIOS battery should also help.

    But: how can somebody forget his password? Last case I heard of was the guy
    who had forgotten to ask the password from the other guy whos laptop he had
    stolen...

    kpaajo

    Guest, Nov 16, 2004