Lost Data From Admistrator

G

I added a n ew admistrator other than the original administrator that came with my PC. The original somehow was inadvertly lost with no permission to delete. How can I recover lost files from the missing admistrator?

R

Roger Abell

In Home edition, log in with the old account in an F8
safe mode boot.
In Pro, do as for Home, or at Welcome log in screen
with no accounts switched out press alt-cntrl-del-del
and manually enter the old account login info

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: Security)
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
Al said:
I added a n ew admistrator other than the original administrator that came
with my PC. The original somehow was inadvertly lost with no permission to
delete. How can I recover lost files from the missing admistrator?

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

See Help and Support and search for "take ownership"

HOW TO: Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

Additionally, the original Administrator account is still there. Its automatically hidden when you create any additional accounts. To enable the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, visit my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. Follow the link for Enable Administrator Account ......

This small VB Script will make the registry change necessary for the Administrator account to be available on the Welcome Screen.

You can also press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no other users logged on, and enter Administrator and any password for that account, in the older style logon.

G

----- Al wrote: ----

I added a n ew admistrator other than the original administrator that came with my PC. The original somehow was inadvertly lost with no permission to delete. How can I recover lost files from the missing admistrator?

G

valeria please help I lost every thing in my administrational file please tell me i did'n lose everything

Ask a Question