Looking for a Bible

KSL

I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of fancy
stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the ones I have
seen online are too complicated and just not what I need for my personal
study. Thanks so much .
KSL

My Name

I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need
a lot of fancy stuff just a simple program with a nice
search. Some of the ones I have seen online are too
complicated and just not what I need for my personal study.
Thanks so much . KSL

I've got a Bible I've put up here:
http://webpages.charter.net/pipe9178/Bible.zip
So long ago, I can't say for sure, but I think it is HTML only,
and includes the apocrypha.

Son Of Spy

Bible Plus ZDNet calls Bible Plus an "outstanding achievement in
transferring the King James Bible to electronic media." A lightning fast
search engine powers the system. Great for quick and easy searches of
the entire Bible (both Old and New Testaments). Runs in Windows 3.1 and
up. 2.8Mb On my Apps 1 page or here:

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/pc/winsite/win95/education/bibpl.exe

cheers!

Son Of Spy

--
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Bush <<either>> time!

Some You Won't Find Anywhere Else...
http://sonofspy3.spymac.net/index.html
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

. --- . . --- .
/ SonOfSpy \ __ / Freeware \
/ / \ ( ) / \ \
/ / / / / / / \/ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
/ / / / / / / : : \ \ \ \ \ \ \
/ / / / / ' ' \ \ \ \ \
/ / //..\\ \ \
=====UU==UU=====
'///||\\\'
' '' '

Christian

I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of
fancy stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the ones
I have seen online are too complicated and just not what I need for my
personal study. Thanks so much .
KSL

Project Gutenberg has The Bible available as a text file. You can download
it and open it in yBook which is a freeware ebook reader.

Go here for the Bible text:
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/gutbook/lookup?num=30

And here to download YBook:
http://www.spacejock.com/yBook.html

Please note that the Bible is a big book and will take a while to load and
index in yBook even on a powerful computer. You can of course open the
text in an editor or word processor also which would give you the search
option you need.

While I'm at it, yBook is great for all the litterature available from
Project Gutenberg.

Karen

Son Of Spy said:
Bible Plus ZDNet calls Bible Plus an "outstanding achievement in
transferring the King James Bible to electronic media." A lightning fast
search engine powers the system. Great for quick and easy searches of the
entire Bible (both Old and New Testaments). Runs in Windows 3.1 and up.
2.8Mb On my Apps 1 page or here:

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/pc/winsite/win95/education/bibpl.exe

cheers!

Son Of Spy
=======================
Is it only for W95?

Karen....

juzme

IMO the many versions and study aids at www.e-sword.net
can't be beat by anybody's study Bible, free or otherwise.

Juzme

?

#

I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of fancy
stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the ones I have
seen online are too complicated and just not what I need for my personal
study. Thanks so much .
KSL

You could try the Online Bible package, and see whether it meets your
requirements.

They have a starter pack with;
- the Online Bible Edition 1.99.01.03
- King James Authorized Version Bible
- Easton's Dictionary
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Greek and Hebrew Lexicons
- OLB Theme Index
- Morning and Evening Devotional.

or you can download just the program, and mix and match to suit.

Downloads:

BIBLE PROGRAM

Starter Pack
http://www.answersingenesis.org/OnlineBible/files/install_advance.exe

Program Only
http://www.answersingenesis.org/OnlineBible/files/install.exe

(Information http://www.onlinebible.org/html/eng/starterspack.htm)

ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS

Bible Versions
http://www.onlinebible.net/bibles.html

Topics/Books
http://www.onlinebible.net/topics.html

Commentaries
http://www.onlinebible.net/notes.html

Dictionaries
http://www.onlinebible.net/dictionaries.html

Semi Head

From: (e-mail address removed)
(juzme)

IMO the many versions and study aids
at www.e-sword.net can't be beat by
anybody's study Bible, free or otherwise.

Juzme
--------------------------------

I agree with Juzme!

E-Sword- www.e-sword.net is the best bible system out there! Fantastic
search engine(s)! You can make it simple or complex. I've been using it
for over a year. I keep adding to it, many add-on options to choose.
Note :
Several bible types to choose from, if you are a serious studier of the
Kings James bible it is a MUST!
Do let the site or programs intimidate you, it has plenty of support.

S_H

Diane Kircher

Semi said:
--------------------------------

I agree with Juzme!

E-Sword- www.e-sword.net is the best bible system out there! Fantastic
search engine(s)! You can make it simple or complex. I've been using it
for over a year. I keep adding to it, many add-on options to choose.
Note :
Several bible types to choose from, if you are a serious studier of the
Kings James bible it is a MUST!
Do let the site or programs intimidate you, it has plenty of support.

S_H
FWIW, I downloaded eSword today and I'm quite impressed with it. I'm
looking forward to a good read and some great study.

DK

Shannon

KSL said:
I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of
fancy stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the
ones I have seen online are too complicated and just not what I need
for my personal study. Thanks so much . KSL

This one has a clean interface and not many bells and whistles:
MoNooN Bible Reader is the software that enables that you read the
Bible and search some texts in Bible. It's free.
http://monoon.com/bible/main.html

Jonathan Wolgamuth

In message on
13 Dec 2004, KSL said to all at alt.comp.freeware
I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of
fancy stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the
ones I have seen online are too complicated and just not what I need
for my personal study. Thanks so much .
KSL

KSL, not sure if I saw all the posts, but there is something called the
Sword project at http://www.crosswire.org. It works for me!!

I *believe* it is a smaller download than E-Sword, although that is a fine
program as well.

Good luck in your studies!

--

Jonathan Wolgamuth <jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com>

"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men.'"

Frank Bohan

KSL said:
I am looking for a feeware bible to download. I don't need a lot of fancy
stuff just a simple program with a nice search. Some of the ones I have
seen online are too complicated and just not what I need for my personal
study. Thanks so much .
KSL

Here are some bible related sites which you may find interesting:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/intro.shtml
http://www.agnostic.org/
http://christianity.about.com/od/urbanlegends/index.htm

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Why do Nonconformists all look alike?

ntlworld

e-sword is really good, and there are some free modern translations like the
good news and the message available plus lots of commentaries and other add
ons.
http://www.e-sword.net/

If you want simple there is http://berbible.sourceforge.net/index.html

The online Bible is also pretty good - it has some of the better
translations available for a small price to add on, I wanted the NLT and got
it for less than three quid from the american site. [more expensive on the
UK pages!] The totally free software above obviously doesn't offer any of
the main translations where the copywrite owners won't give free use of the
text.

http://www.OnlineBible.net

Hope this heps
Mike

Giovanni

Here are some bible related sites which you may find interesting:

Should I post all my Bible related sites?

Frank Bohan

Giovanni said:
Should I post all my Bible related sites?

Seek divine guidance for the answer to your question.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.

Giovanni

Should I post all my Bible related sites?
Go Ahead!

There no need of a divine guidance to say that we are OT. I respect
your ideas and I don't want to bother you. Bye.