Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.

Truword

Hello,

I am getting this error each time I try to logon to the
PDC from one of my workstations.
"Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect." Is
there any one out there who can help me resolve this
issue? I have tried as much as possible to edit
the 'hosts' file so that the correct IP address of the
PDC can be resolved easily but all this was in vain.

Any solutions? Please email me at (e-mail address removed)

thanks in advance

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

What kind of domain are we looking at here? 2000 / NT4?
What clients are reporting this error? 2000? NT4? 9x?

I would look at the health of the domain as well. The following articles
may be of assistance:

260371 Troubleshooting Common Active Directory Setup Issues in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260371

249256 HOW TO: Troubleshoot Intra-Site Replication Failures
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249256

296993 "Logon Failure: The Target Account Name Is Incorrect" Error When
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296993

Hope that helps.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services