Logitech X-530 problem

Reaction score
heya guys, long time no post i know :p

well heres the problem, after a wicked xmas and a nice speaker system for my present xD

well after i set it all up, only two speakers seem to work :s the front and left ones, the middle and back two have no sound coming out and only a sort of buzzing noise coming out,

i asked a mate and he said you need a 'codex' i have no idea what this means lol and please may you help me to resolve the situatuion,

my mobo is a Asus A8N Sli deluxe and is supposed to support 5.1 surround sound, well i always thought :p

so please please help me in my bad situation :)

Thanks G~MAN

Reaction score
I had the ac 97 audio codec i htink, then had to install another to watch some videos, then another for some crappy media thing, and then another when i installed a new sound card.

they suck. i hate them. i hope they burn.

Reaction score
well i have tried all players, media player, i tunes, and windvd, none of which play with all speakers only the front two :-l

i will try Canes link in a minute if not il get back too you :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok, well in WMP10 go

tools> options> devices tab> speakers> properties> you should get a new window click advanced> then another window> click advanced at the bottom under speaker settings> then another window and at the bottom it should have a drop down for the different setups

Reaction score
ok will try that ME, thanks :)

( not at home atm so i cant tell you if it is succesful or not )

Reaction score
ME, didnt work :'(

i cant seem to get the rear two and the center to work at all, my friend who has the same model cant either :S

This is starting to bug me a bit, I JUST WANT THEM TO WORK ! hehe

any other suggestions ??

thanks again
G

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i never asked before but have you got them plugged in right ? did you get the pop up asking you what you plugged into the ports ?

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok on your mb you should have three diff coloured plugs i suppose you plugged the right colours into the right coloured plugs. Now go into control panel and there should be a program 3d surround something alone the lines of that wiht my asus board there is a program called sound effect manager. So open this program whatever one you have and then you hace to select what speaker configuration you have because by default computers are 2.1 so you need to change it to 5.1 and then it shoudl be ok if that does not fix it then you need to go in to control panel>sounds and audio devices>speaker settings>advanced and then select your speaker setup there but only do that after you did the stage i listed above.

Reaction score
Thanks so much !!

ME i thought i had the plugs in the right ports, well i matched them colour to colour and they didnt work, so with some trial and error i got them to work :p

and Chelsea you helped me a biggun! as it had information about the ports in the sound manager program you gave me xD

BTW it sounds awesome now :) :)

thanks all for you help

Reaction score
Good speakers, they are.

We have the 2.1 version in our conservatory. Can't fault them, even if i tried to.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the speakes i have are dell 5.1 ones (long story but they were free :D) it took me a while to get mine working because the colours aren't right

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
the hardest was setting my logitech speakers up with a 7.1 card as they are 5.1 speakers all the colours are different and there are several shades of the colours lol it is hard

Reaction score
indeed ^_^

i matched the colours right and they didnt work, maybe they should change that lol as i bet that has confused alot of people

but thanks for al your help, yep Chris they are wicked set of speakers :) specially in 5.1 set up :p sound superb !

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
lol just noticed i have the exact same set as u lol i remember them being a pain in the arse to set up and as i said earlier specially on 7.1 they are an awsome set but maybe the bass is jus a bit heavy the parents can haer it 4floors down in the basement lol. Glad i could help you get them working

Reaction score
Chelsea... u do realise there is a thingy on the actual bass to turn it up or down lol ^_^ just a thought :p

Reaction score
i got a set of surround sound headphones from a german company for christmas, and they are really nice...

however the colour system goes as:

red: Front Speakers

purple: Back Speakers

Turquoise: Subwoofer & Centre

and none of this was in the booklet!

you do not know how long it took me to get the right ones, because for some odd reason the subwoofer played when i plugged in the reaer speakers 0_o

Ask a Question