Logitech Headset - PN B-0125A not working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Jason Coley, Mar 1, 2007.

  1. Jason Coley

    Jason Coley Guest

    Hi there,

    Have a Logitech Headset, which worked in XP, didn't require divers, that now
    doesn't work in Vista. Its a USB device, any ideas?

    In the Device Manager it shows with a warning icon in the Sound,video and
    game controllers section.

    If I view the Properties in the Device Manager I see

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
    to see if there is a solution available.

    Regards
    Jason

    Jason Coley, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Jason Coley

    BigJim Guest

    this is just a guess but xp may have it's own drivers for running a usb
    headset.
    check Logitech for drivers for vista.

    BigJim, Mar 1, 2007

  3. Jason Coley

    BigJim Guest

    I forgot to ask but what sound device is installed on the board, it could be
    a problem with those drivers.

    BigJim, Mar 1, 2007
  4. Solution from Logitech forum (reposting)

    How to fix the logitech driver problem:

    1) Copy the USBAUDIO.sys file from a Windows XP machine
    2) on the Vista machine, click start, type "cmd" in the search box and press Ctrl, Shift & Enter so you get a "root" CMD-vindow
    3) type "cd drivers", press enter
    4) type "takeown /f USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
    5) type "cacls USBAUDIO.sys /G "Your Username":f", press enter, and Y when asked. (Note the " around username)
    5) type "del USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
    6) copy the USBAUDIO.sys file to your Windows/System32/drivers/ catalouge
    7) type "cd C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_usb.inf_9ce240de", press enter
    8) type "takeown /f USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
    9) type "cacls USBAUDIO.sys /G "Your Username":f", press enter, and Y when asked. (Note the " around username)
    10) type "del USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
    11) Now, also copy the XP version of USBAUDIO.sys to the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_usb.inf_9ce240de folder"
    12) Connect the headset, it "should" work

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Lefteris Kalamaras, Mar 5, 2007
  5. Jason Coley

    Guest Guest

    Well I have the same headset which not working on my new Lenovo notebook ,,
    with Windows vista home basic ......
    waiting for fix.....
    grr.

    Guest, May 5, 2007