Login Issue & EXTREAMLY slow pages.

Reaction score
Everytime i visit PCR it says that i am not logged in until i press the 'home' link accross the top (refreshing does nothing) i am having this problem on 3 diffreramt computers and IE and FireFox.

Another thing is half the pages here are taking at least 2 mins to load.

When i submit a post for example, i have to leave it going for for ages.

I hit submit on a post about 4-5 mins ago, and it is still 'loading' with only half the bars full.

These problems are really annoying me.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How long has it been doing this for? The site works ok here, but there is something causing an occasional slowdown (probably the main page search parts).

Is anyone else having problems?

Reaction score
The slow pages, about 4 days.

the login issue, ever since the new site was launced.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK... just done a test the ground the site to a halt... I used the search!

I'll sort this problem today, as the site was slow for about a minute whilst I did a simple search.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've removed 4 Millio posts from the search index, and I am rebuilding it now - so that should see search working again.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i found the search to be really slow yesterday but there were over 500 people on the site so i assumed it was lack of bandwidth, also when posting it took ages aswell

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, there still is a little problem with posting - but I'm working on it :)

Searching should be faster now, but its still slowish - there isn't anything I can do about that though (not even a faster server would help much). I've left it instead of disabling it, as its a very useful feature.

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem ... have to click on "Home" before looking at posts ... then posting takes TIIIIIIIIME lol :)

Hope you manage to fix it ;)

Reaction score
What happened to the "new posts" thing - it hasnt got a number next to it, and when i press it, it says no matches - but there clearly are new posts...

That function is pretty much the one i use most here

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm working on fixing the number thismorning, as it was causing slowdowns :( There are so many users online that the server is at its peak it seems already! (Dual 2.8 Xeon, 1GB Ram etc... eek!)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
FWIW, page loading has been slow for me lately. At time of writing, 478 users online.

Reaction score
Not overly slow for me at all usually... 485 on at the moment...

Maybe it's to do with my connection i dont know...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do to improve speeds this week, I can't upgrade the server anymore so might have to have one database one and another php/mail one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had to disable the main page counter for now, as its not quite right... still working on it (it will be back soon :))

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a play with some server settings and it looks like a new server may be needed to get things running smoothly - I'll keep you all posted! Would involve no/very little downtime as I would make it a load balancing one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Didn't you just get a new server?
Yup, and its much faster than the dedicated server before that! I think I may have to get another server the same as this and run the database on one and php on the other.

You know how a goldfish always grows to the biggest size for its bowl? I think the server is starting to act like that ;)

Reaction score
Ian,

I dont know if you did anything about it, but i am still having the login problem and it is getting very annoying. if i click on the 'home' button on the nav bar, it will ask me to login, i have to click it again to take me to the already logged in page.

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a look at it KGB, but I couldn't see anything wrong with the coding. Do you get this problem on other computer, or with other browsers?

I think its most likely a cookie or "trusted area" problem - but if you can try another PC/Browser that should help find the cause. Can you give it a try and then I'll look through the server logs if it still does it.

Are there any other patterns with it?

Ask a Question