Login Banner/Disclaimer

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Group Policy' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2005.

    Hi

    I posted this Question on Wednesday. Thanks for the reply. I entered the
    text needed in the Place Bruce said and in the Default Domain Policy but it
    is not coming up when Users log in.
    What else is needed for this to work?

    Thanks

    Don't know of a way via GPO to disable an account that is not used for some
    period of time.

    To set a Login Banner
    Computer Configuration
    Windows Setttings
    Local Policies
    Security Options
    Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to
    log on
    Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to
    log on

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders

    Guest, Feb 25, 2005

  2. On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:51:03 -0800, "MittonE" <(Do not Spam)> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I posted this Question on Wednesday. Thanks for the reply. I entered the
    >text needed in the Place Bruce said and in the Default Domain Policy but it
    >is not coming up when Users log in.
    >What else is needed for this to work?
    >
    >Thanks
    >

    >Don't know of a way via GPO to disable an account that is not used for some
    >period of time.
    >
    >To set a Login Banner
    > Computer Configuration
    > Windows Setttings
    > Local Policies
    > Security Options
    > Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to
    >log on
    > Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to
    >log on

    See tip 7358 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    The Default Domain Group Policy setting that Bruce gave you are correct.

    See tip 24.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.