    --
    Thanks for your help,
    Chris

    Guest, Jul 14, 2007

  2. If it helps you, when you move from MainForm to SubForm or SubForm to SubForm,
    the form you are leaving has the current record saved. Since you said you
    have DataEntry turned on and that only allows viewing of new, unsaved records,
    that is where I would begin looking for the problem.

    --
    HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
    Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

    ruralguy via AccessMonster.com, Jul 14, 2007

    Thanks for the reply RG.

    I think I should have stated:

    Parent has several subforms on tabs.
    One of the parent's subforms has several subforms (no tabs).

    I can make entry on parent and any subform1 and return to parent OK>
    I can make entry on any subform1 then any other subform1 or parent and
    return to either OK.

    What I cannot do is return anywhere other than subform2 after making entry
    on subform2.

    I suspect my problem is property or code for subform2, but can't see it.

    What do you think now?
    --
    Thanks for your help,
    Chris

    Guest, Jul 15, 2007
  4. I take it subform2 is a SubForm of subform1? What are you using for the
    LinkChild/MasterFields for these forms?

    ruralguy via AccessMonster.com, Jul 15, 2007

    You are correct, sir.

    Client-subform1 (each subform1 uses ClientID the key field)
    Subform1-Subform2 (each Subform2 uses InvNum the key field.

    Recall that only one of several Subforms1 has subforms2.
    On that single subform1, InvNum is a control.

    Guest, Jul 15, 2007
  6. I would open a code window and go to Tools>Options...>General tab and set
    your system to "Break on All Errors" and then run your system. See if there
    is an error being thrown that is covered up some how.

    ruralguy via AccessMonster.com, Jul 15, 2007

    Thanks...I found the problem. I had a subform set to record lock. Duh! I
    guess I shoulda looked there first.

    Anyway, thanks -- you did point the way for me.

    Guest, Jul 15, 2007
  8. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

    ruralguy via AccessMonster.com, Jul 15, 2007