    ADO are still in english (ex. "Could not find stored procedure
    'whatever' ".)

    Thanks.

    leibnizster, Feb 20, 2007

  2. On Feb 20, 1:41 pm, "leibnizster" <> wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > how do I set ADO.NET exceptions to be thrown in a particular language?
    > I downloaded the dutch language pack, set current culture etc.
    > Everything works OK for regular System exceptions (ex. Divide by zero
    > => it shows "Poging door nul te delen."). But the exception related to
    > ADO are still in english (ex. "Could not find stored procedure
    > 'whatever' ".)
    >
    > Thanks.

    ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
    in Dutch
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 20, 2007

  3. leibnizster

    leibnizster Guest

    > ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
    > in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

    Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
    version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
    ". Other ideas?

    Thanks

    leibnizster, Feb 20, 2007
  4. On Feb 20, 3:16 pm, "leibnizster" <> wrote:
    > > ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
    > > in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

    > Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
    > version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
    > ". Other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    it seems that you have XP SP2

    Found this in the internet

    locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
    when prompted for a location, point to
    c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
    either load the cd or point to c:\i386

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 20, 2007
  5. leibnizster

    leibnizster Guest

    On Feb 20, 5:53 pm, "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 20, 3:16 pm, "leibnizster" <> wrote:
    >
    > > > ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
    > > > in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

    > > Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
    > > version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
    > > ". Other ideas?

    > > Thanks

    > it seems that you have XP SP2
    >
    > Found this in the internet
    >
    > locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
    > when prompted for a location, point to
    > c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
    > either load the cd or point to c:\i386

    it installed it, but the messages are still in english. How could it
    have worked anyway sice what I need is managed exceptions from .NET
    and what i installed has nothing to do with .NET?. Shouldn't it be in
    some .NET language pack? Why isn't it in the standard one? Thanks for
    your trouble.

    leibnizster, Feb 21, 2007
  6. leibnizster

    Guest

    On Feb 21, 2:31 pm, "leibnizster" <> wrote:

    > > > Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
    > > > version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
    > > > ". Other ideas?

    > > > Thanks

    > > it seems that you have XP SP2

    > > Found this in the internet

    > > locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
    > > when prompted for a location, point to
    > > c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
    > > either load the cd or point to c:\i386

    > it installed it, but the messages are still in english. How could it
    > have worked anyway sice what I need is managed exceptions from .NET
    > and what i installed has nothing to do with .NET?. Shouldn't it be in
    > some .NET language pack? Why isn't it in the standard one? Thanks for
    > your trouble.

    There is a language pack for spanish, i have it installed and my
    messages shows in spanish, search for language pack at msdn

    best regards

    , Feb 22, 2007