    'internet connectivity' and I cannot get on the net. I have a strong signal
    but the connection icon tells me I only have 'local connectivity'. This is
    very frustrating and there appears to be no way to get internet connectivity.

    Guest, Sep 30, 2007

  2. It could be incompatible or security reasons, you can access LAN only. These
    posts may help.

    Vista - Local Connection OnlyI have two XP boxes connected to the internet
    but when I try to connect my Vista Laptop machine via LAN I get unrecognized
    network and local connection only ...
    www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=2819&sid=f44fb9225c04fcdcb4b397143d39c4e7

    chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: Wireless local only
    The reality is that as long as you can connect to the router (i.e.
    local only connection) then the manual assignment of the IP info should get
    you ...
    www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=530

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE