    Hello all

    Problem: My local area network connection disconnected repeatedly while I am connected to my office network. My colleague connection to the network is working perfectly but mine disconnect every 2 to 3 minutes. My connection to the network was working fine for the last 5 months and this problem occurred last few days. I am currently using '3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)' on Windows XP. I am currently on Service Pack 1a. I appreciate if somebody can give some advise to counter the problem
    Thank you so much

    Guest, May 29, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    "Derek" <> wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >Problem: My local area network connection disconnected repeatedly while I am connected to my office network. My colleague connection to the network is working perfectly but mine disconnect every 2 to 3 minutes. My connection to the network was working fine for the last 5 months and this problem occurred last few days. I am currently using '3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)' on Windows XP. I am currently on Service Pack 1a. I appreciate if somebody can give some advise to counter the problem.
    >Thank you so much

    Try the solution shown here, even though you have a different network
    card:

    MSBBN: "A Network Cable Has Been Unplugged" Message Appears at
    Seemingly Random Intervals
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;811595

    If that doesn't solve it, check the network cable, hub/switch port,
    etc.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd [MVP], May 30, 2004

  3. I have a similar problem. First my 'host' PC did not see any of the
    connected PC's. After I unchecked the Power Management option the network
    came back up for only for a few minutes, then down again. It comes on and
    off sporadically.

    I am using HPNA 2.0 with my house telephones wires. Thinking that the wire
    connections may be bad in some spots, I connected 2 computers together with
    a single telephone cord directly. The problem was still there.

    I had tried to use a wireless network but it did work in my house. The
    signal did not reach beyond 10 feet!! That's why I am still playing with
    HPNA.

    Any ideas?

    Eduardo

    Eduardo Pietri, May 30, 2004