    intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account could
    be getting locked out as a result of this local account?

    -Eric

    Eric Goforth, Sep 21, 2009

  2. Eric Goforth wrote:
    > I have a local account that I created to run some services under
    > (mostly SQL Server 2005) on my development box.
    >
    > I believe that I've mistyped the password for this account someplace
    > and it. My domain account seems to be getting locked out
    > intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account
    > could be getting locked out as a result of this local account?

    If your domain account is getting locked out, then somehting is attempting
    to authenticate using your domain account. You will have to go through
    everything you use that has that account password saved and make sure it is
    correct.

    If you are the domain admin, you can run a few things to see what system is
    trying to authenticate using that account.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Sep 21, 2009

  3. Eric Goforth <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a local account that I created to run some services under
    > (mostly SQL Server 2005) on my development box.
    >
    > I believe that I've mistyped the password for this account someplace
    > and it. My domain account seems to be getting locked out
    > intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account could
    > be getting locked out as a result of this local account?
    >
    > -Eric

    For the local account, you didn't use the same username, did you?
    If you did, change it to something else now.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 22, 2009