Little issue i've found

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Has anyone else found this problem so far?

I thought it was a problem on my end so did not report it but here is a screen shot showing slight overlap as you can see. My screen resolution on the IBM T43 is 1024x768.

Attachments

• Workspace 1_003.jpg
    Workspace 1_003.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 180

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with this one, although I may have a possible fix to try later on today :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying out the fix at the moment, although it only seems to help in FF/Webkit based browsers for now (still working on it :)). It's only enabled for members at the moment while I figure out what the impact of the fix is.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Ian this is what I see when I click on "Last 24 hours" on home screen. Other pages ae fine though. usinf Firefox

pcr.jpg

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Seems you've inadvertently caused another problem trying to fix the other one

Edit: Beat me to it Evan ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How about now?

The problem with CSS seems to be that it doesn't work the same in all browsers, so finding something that does the trick is harder than it looks - hopefully this tweak should fix it in some browsers, but not cause problems in the others.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
How about now?

The problem with CSS seems to be that it doesn't work the same in all browsers, so finding something that does the trick is harder than it looks - hopefully this tweak should fix it in some browsers, but not cause problems in the others.

All backk to normal now :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just posting this via my iPhone.

The site scales really well. No overlapping, no anomalies. Just works nice one Ian. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent :D

I'm still working on getting the CSS spot on, but it looks like it's going in the right direction :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Out of interest Ian,

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Whats the deal with that? I know what it is but is it something you'd consider?

Dont get me wrong i dont think we actually need it, but i'm interested in what you think of it. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Out of interest Ian,

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Whats the deal with that? I know what it is but is it something you'd consider?

Dont get me wrong i dont think we actually need it, but i'm interested in what you think of it. :)

I had a look at tapatalk a few months ago, but there was a vulnerability problem at the time - so I wasn't keen to add it. I have to admit I'm not keen to add it, as if there aren't many people using it then it would add unnecessary code to the site for everyone and be another thing to maintain.

If there were lots of people that wanted to use it, then I may consider it :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats kinda what i thought you'd say, i dont use it, not even for any other sites, and tbh Safari on the iPhone does a good job when i need mobile web access.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If we do get increasing numbers of mobile browsers then I'll take a look at getting it working - or create a mobile friendly version of the site :). I use the site quite a bit on my iPhone, but I don't post too much on it as typing just isn't the same.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
pcrevi.png

Just spotted this. There is overlapping circled. My screen res is 1366 x 768

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Evan, this looks like a similar problem to the other overlap - I'm still working on getting the CSS right, but it's a bit above my head.

Reaction score
This is the first time i've been really on the new site Ian.
It looks very good and you have done a great job on it, you should be proud of it.:bow::thumb:
You and the Mods do a great job to keep the site running smoothly.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
:( What happened to the little green laughing smiley that looked like he was laughing and slapping his hand down ? That was my favourite one..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't get all the same ones in the new style, but there's a better mix now :)

:lol: <- that's the replacement laughing one, but if I spot another in the same style I can add it.

Ask a Question