Little issue i've found

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey Ian,

I know you probably have loads to do and dont think this is too much of a problem, It may even fix itself as it looks like its just posts from the old forum.

On the forums home page, When you click on one of the last post in the 'Last Post' column sometimes it gives a 404.

No drama, just something i just found. :)

pcrforums.png

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Here's another small problem. When I looked at VR's post part of it is obscured by the User Menu as shown.

attachment.php

Any ideas?

Attachments

• VRThread.JPG
    VRThread.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 318

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like the image broke the forums formatting.

What resolution you running?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just out of interest, I have the same issue as Nivrip. My res is 1280 by 1024 (unchanged for past few years.)

I checked to see if there was any difference between FF, IE, Chrome or Opera, but (as you will probably know) there was no difference at all.
:)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
1280 x 768

But everything OK on all the other posts.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The 404 errors in the last post column should start to disappear as new posts are made in the forum, it looks like it gives a 404 when the last post if a pre-upgrade one. Shouldn't take long for them to disappear :)

I'll see what I can do about the sidebar problem, this may take a little longer as it's more complex.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
can you make the line that splits your sig in-post a bit more dominant, well at least so I can see it ... cant tell where post ends & where sig starts. :blush:

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
can you make the line that splits your sig in-post a bit more dominant, well at least so I can see it ... cant tell where post ends & where sig starts. :blush:

:thumb:

I'll change this for the dark scheme now - it should be working in a moment :thumb:

Reaction score
Doing a fine job, Ian.
Just a pity the work firewall stops me from logging on.
Anyone would think i'm at work to work!!!!:fool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 404 errors in the last post column should start to disappear as new posts are made in the forum, it looks like it gives a 404 when the last post if a pre-upgrade one. Shouldn't take long for them to disappear :)

I'll see what I can do about the sidebar problem, this may take a little longer as it's more complex.
err, can you make it so the 'pics' are only small-ish in post as I notice we have a new way to see the pics in larger view.

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm back at work today and only on a 1280x1024 res screen. :(

The image i posted above just slightly breaks the formatting of the site, though Niv's is even bigger! :p

Think mucks is right, maybe some auto resizing is needed? Its fine on my screen at home, even though i dont run it at full screen, but on a 12x10 on a 19" monitor it means the user menu overlaps posted images slightly.

Its amazing the difference a bigger monitor makes! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a pic resize script all set to go, I just need to make a few tweaks to get the loading time down :).

This will auto-resize any images posted on the page that are too big, and a single click will auto-enlarge. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a pic resize script all set to go, I just need to make a few tweaks to get the loading time down :).

This will auto-resize any images posted on the page that are too big, and a single click will auto-enlarge. :D

Image re-size should now be online :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I notice that in the first post of this thread that VR's pic has been downsized but in the second post ( mine by chance) that the pic is not present at all and has been replaced by a string of text.

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I notice that in the first post of this thread that VR's pic has been downsized but in the second post ( mine by chance) that the pic is not present at all and has been replaced by a string of text.

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Thanks, this should be working now :). It seems I fix one thing and something else breaks :lol:.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Every small problem solved in a flash. :)

You deserve two medals, Ian. :thumb:

Ask a Question