List of Games that work on Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Games' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2006.

    I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
    Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006

    Paul Smith Guest

    "Joshua" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
    > Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

    I have.

    Zoo Tycoon 2*
    Half-Life 2*
    Civilization 4*
    Battlefield 2
    Rise of Legends
    Quake III Arena***
    Unreal Tournament 2003***
    Oblivion
    Morrowind
    Black and White 2
    Warcraft 3**
    World of Warcraft
    Halo
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher
    Sim City 4*
    Guild Wars
    Call of Duty 2
    FEAR

    *Problems, on my setup I had to run them into a window first to prevent them
    from crashing, I'm assuming a video driver bug not letting them pick up
    resolution details. Others have mentioned lowering the desktop resolution
    to the same as their default start-up resolution resolves it too.

    **Works fine with retail version, but latest patch breaks sound.

    ***Mouse acceleration seems to be turned on.

    That's the list so far. :cool:

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    Paul Smith, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Add Final Fantasy XI. I confirmed an earlier post about installing it in
    Vista. Works great ^_^

    Nathan M. Jones, Jun 16, 2006

    You can also include everquest 2 to that as well..

    Everquest2 addict...

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006

    Justin Payne Guest

    Just moved Diablo II: LOD Expansion over; works better than on XP :)

    Justin

    Justin Payne, Jun 16, 2006

    Jane C Guest

    Add Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour to the working list. (Vista
    32bit, yet to try on Vista x64)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;)

    Jane C, Jun 16, 2006

    Starwars Galaxies works in Vista also.

    Guest, Jun 17, 2006

    Steve Lange Guest

    Starcraft is running good but patches need to be run as administrator
    otherwise you'll get an error.

    Steve Lange, Jun 17, 2006

    C&C Renegade also works fine.
    --
    Sleep easy tonight, the Marines are on duty

    Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

    Guest, Jun 17, 2006

    Peres Guest

    Call of Duty works fine

    Peres, Jun 18, 2006

    Add Fifa 2006. Works like a charm, but desktop resolution has to be changed
    to 1024*768 before the game is run.

    Armin

    Guest, Jun 18, 2006
  12. "Joshua" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
    > Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

    GTA San Andreas works quite well, not perfect, some gfx glitches with
    vertical lines, but runs without slowdowns on my system.

    Regards,
    Rasmus Bertelsen

    Rasmus Bertelsen, Jun 18, 2006

    Hawkz Guest

    "Justin Payne" <> wrote in message
    > Just moved Diablo II: LOD Expansion over; works better than on XP :)
    >
    > Justin

    I can confirm this also.

    :)

    Hawkz, Jun 19, 2006
  14. NFS Most Wanted DOES NOT work in my system with Vista 32bit.
    Pentium D 805 2.66mhz
    2GB DDR2

    Juan Carlos Lopez, Jun 19, 2006

    Working

    EverQuest 2
    Eve
    Fable
    Prey Demo ( some crashes)

    Dont work

    Spellforce 2

    Apps that dont work

    Poser 6

    Guest, Jun 27, 2006

    I have EQ2 installed and running on Vista, but when zoning, or death occures,
    I get kicked to the desktop and the client closes.

    Guest, Jun 27, 2006

    Dungeons Siege 2 works also on Vista, but The Godfather won't run on it yet.

    Guest, Jun 28, 2006

    Battlefield 2 not installing

    Hi all,

    Has anyone had an issue installing this game? I have tried unsucessfully as
    it tries to install DirectX 9.0c, I cancel that as I dont want to override
    the DirectX 10 setting on Vista... Am I doing this wrong?? Your help is
    appreciated.

    Glenn

    Guest, Jun 30, 2006

    I have problems with Oblivion after updating to beta 2. It plays fine for a
    short few minutes the quits and system crashes.

    Guest, Jul 3, 2006

    Zapper Guest

    That sucks..
    It 'Can" work fine under Vista, both x86 and x64. I have had a couple
    freezes and crashes..but have also had 20+ hours of excellent playtime under
    Vista..both versions.

    Zapper, Jul 3, 2006