Linking Radio Buttons for Test

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of comments on how to use radio buttons and have been seeing a lot fo different versions. What I am looking for is a scoring system. So in my worksheet which I cannot seem to attach, I have inserted the Group Box and four option buttons, each located in cells k19,20,21 and 22 I want the option buttons to link to cell K18, with the answer of A,B,C, or D. I have only provided one set as once I get the code for it I am sure I can copy the rest.

Reaction score
Create the radio buttons then shift click to select them, right click and group them.
Right click on the first one, select format control, select the cell you want to link.
When I just tested it with a group of four buttons the linked cell values were 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks. That worked, but I need to change the numbers to letters, which I managed but not the way it should be. See code below. If I had a separate subroutine for each radio button then it would work, but when they are combined under the same subroutine, it only comes up with one of the letters, and it comes up with an error stating that it "can't execute in break mode." Perhaps you know how to shorten this and make it a simpler code?

Sub QUESTION_1()
'
' QUESTION_1 Macro
'
'
ActiveSheet.Shapes("1A").Select
If Range("K18").Select Then
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "A"

Else

ActiveSheet.Shapes("1B").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "B"

Else

ActiveSheet.Shapes("1C").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "C"

Else

ActiveSheet.Shapes("1D").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "D"
End If
End If
End If
End Sub

Reaction score
I have it figured out, but only if each of the buttons have their own subroutine but are linked to the same cell. So if there is another way that someone knows to combine those into one subroutine, that would be appeciated.

Sub Button_1A()
ActiveSheet.Shapes("1A").Select
Range("K18").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "A"

End Sub

Sub Button_1B()
ActiveSheet.Shapes("1B").Select
Range("K18").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "B"

End Sub
Sub Button_1C()
ActiveSheet.Shapes("1C").Select