    fields and the field appears blank. I attempt to change to a text field on
    the table design but it will not allow me to modify. The field properties on
    excel are text.

    nw003, Sep 28, 2009

  2. nw003

    Jeff Boyce Guest

    One approach in this situation is to treat the Excel data source as "raw
    data". If you create a table definition with the data types you want, then
    import the data from Excel into your new table, you'll be starting with the
    data type you want. The downside is that you are importing, not linking.

    Regards

    Jeff Boyce
    Microsoft Office/Access MVP

    Jeff Boyce, Sep 28, 2009