    some way I can find this out?

    TIA
    LAS

    LAS, Jul 9, 2010

  2. LAS

    Stefan Blom Guest

    In Word, you can use the Go To dialog box to move the insertion point to a
    particular line. Press Ctrl+G to display the dialog. For "Go to what," choose
    "Line," type in the line number, and press Enter.

    In addition, you can display line numbers on the status bar. If you are using
    Word 2007, right-click the status bar and, on the context menu, click to select
    "Line number."

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Jul 9, 2010

  3. LAS

    LAS Guest

    Getting there! Now, how can I make Word deal with very long lines (when
    wrapping on a normal page, one input line turns into four or five lines in
    the document.)

    LAS, Jul 9, 2010
  4. LAS

    Jay Freedman Guest

    Word doesn't "deal with very long lines". It always wraps them in one
    fashion or another. The best you can do is to go into the Options
    dialog and check "Show text wrapped within the document window", then
    switch to Draft view and make Word as wide as you can fit on your
    monitor.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Jul 10, 2010
  5. LAS

    LAS Guest

    Thanks. It's good to know I can stop looking in Word. Frees me up for
    other approaches.

    LAS, Jul 11, 2010