Light printing on #10 envelopes only, with envelope wizard

G

When I use the envelope wizard to print on my Lexmark X215 laser printer it works perfectly for all envelope types I've tried except #10 envelopes. On that type only, it prints grey instead of black. I've got the font color set to automatic, I'm using regular Arial, and as far as I can tell all the settings are exactly the same as with the other envelope sizes. Merely by changing say from a 6 3/4 envelope to a number 10 does it go from black to grey. Sure looks like a bug to me but I'm hoping someone can show me the user error. Thanks.

G

Sorry, I don't have any help for you, but am having the exact same problem with a Samsung ML-1710 laser printer. I even tried creating a custom size (exactly the same as #10) and it STILL prints in gray. Really wierd.

M

Milman517

KS said:
Sorry, I don't have any help for you, but am having the exact same problem with a Samsung ML-1710 laser printer. I even tried creating a custom size (exactly the same as #10) and it STILL prints in gray. Really wierd.

I have the same problem with mine. I talked to someone at Samsung
Tech support and they told me its a problem with the printer OS and
that there is an upgrade for the ROM. They sent me the files and
instructions, but I could never get the Rom to flash successfully. I
have another email in with them that I'm waiting to hear back on.
Still can't print #10 envelopes correctly. I'll try to keep you
posted.

-milman517

Ask a Question