Lian Li - how do you review a case

Reaction score
I have been reading loads of reviews on these aluminium cases on various US web sites the last few weeks.

What I would like to know is, how can anybody write up a review on a lump of metal, we never had reviews on ordinary steel cases so why these.

As most in the construction industry will know, aluminium is 1 of the cheapest construction materials there is, and these cases are so expensive, even if they are lightweight.

Who is ripping off who, I priced up aluminium lately to build my own case, and with the internal bracing and drive compartments, the price came to less than £30, so let the distributors of these cases justify the high cost of them.

On a lighter note, my new P4 system consists of an Abit SR7-8X, a P4 2.26ghz 533mhz FSB and 512mb PC400 DDR, total cost £413 and a home made aluminium case with a 450w psu and 2 case cans. Eat your heart out Lian Li.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A homemade aluminium case? Do you have a any pics? :D

We've recieved a couple of Lian-Li's for testing, and a review should go up today or tomorrow from Eric on a new one - and I must say, they are very expensive, but they really are impressive. Before I saw one I would have never bought one, now that I have seen them, I think I would take the plunge for a high end PC :)

I have a fairly similar system to you now, a P4 1.8A, 512 MB PC2700 DDR, GA-8IEXP and I love it!

Reaction score
IanH,

could you send the footprints , if you have any , of how you build it , causei was thinking about doing the same thing. Well my idea was making it of plexiglass ,but it might be a little bit too complicated , and i'm not sure i have all the right tools.

[Edited by Eric] He means blueprints, I'm sure. I get to make fun of him because I'm his friend. :)

Reaction score
I don't think making an aluminum case is any easier than plexiglass/lexan...except for the fact that it's cheaper.

Ask a Question