Lexmark x1270

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first time on here so please accept apolgies if things don't go right.
I have the above printer and have had it for some while. In the last 6 months it has been playing up. when I try to print documents it doesn't seem to work and I get a command 'please put paper in the automatic feeder' . there is paper in there but it still doesn't work. I have tried on google to find out about a Lexmark engineer and the price is somewhere about £60. I can buy a new printer for that has anyone any suggestions

Reaction score
Welcome to PCR is the printer still under guarantee if it is return it back to the supplier if not printers do only have a limited life looks like you may have to purchase a new printer. :confused:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's definitely not worth spending money on a Lexmark printer.

Sub-£100 printers, unfortunately, should be viewed as disposable and a few years use is pretty much par the course for one.

You could try checking all the paper path feeds and making sure there are no blockages and it may also be worth going through the print head clean procedure.

But if a repair can't be effected consider buying a new printer.

When choosing a replacement look into the cost of ink cartridges, printers are cheap, ink cartridges are not cheap.

My Epson inkjet printer recently refused to work with ink cartridges made by a non-Epson company - I strongly suspect Epson sneaked in a replacement firmware without my knowledge - so I ditched it and bought me's a Brother colour toner printer for £100. And it's possibly the best printer I've ever owned and very economical to run.

Good luck!

Ask a Question